|This article is a stub. It is short and in need of expansion. Why not help out?|
- "Kestrel was doing the work of a Rogue since before Rogue Company even existed."
— In-game Description
Biography[edit | edit source]
An Indian-born fashion icon, Kestrel is respected as one of the most influential people in the world. She was doing the work of Rogue since before Rogue Company even existed. One of the founding members of Rogue Company, now retired, Kestrel has been called back to even the playing field against Jackal.
Gameplay Description[edit | edit source]
Kestrel is a Duelist, a Rogue Company member that wins combat engagements and forces trades with the enemy team. Kestrel utilizes high-tech mini-drones to launch an explosive rocket barrage at any enemies in her line of sight. When downing an enemy, Kestrel will gain an extra $1000.
Kestrel has many different tools to attack enemies from a distance. Forcing trades with the enemy, Kestrel will have back up, even if it isn't her teammates. Her drones can take care of business while Kestrel deals with other enemies. Kestrel can down two to three enemies at the same time, removing problems before anyone sees it coming.
Loadout[edit | edit source]
Traits Of The Rogue[edit | edit source]
Perks[edit | edit source]
Mastery Rewards[edit | edit source]
|Level||Reward Icon||Reward||Level||Reward Icon||Reward|
|1||Kestrel Mastery Spray||6||/||/|
|2||Kestrel Mastery Avatar||7||/||/|
|3||Kestrel Mastery Emote||8||/||/|
|4||Kestrel Mastery Banner||9||/||/|
|5||Kestrel Mastery Border||10||"Living Legend" Title|
Outfits[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Eliminating an enemy
Shot from Behind
Picking up the Bomb
Planting the Bomb
Defusing the Bomb
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Strengths and Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Weapons- The Riptide has the third most damage assault rifle with the second fastest fire rate and second furthest range. The Knight is the most damaging SMG with the second furthest range and the second best handling. The P12K has the fastest reload time of any pistol unupgraded.
- Abilities- Kestrel's drones can be used for many different situations. Gaining an extra $1000 per down allows Kestrel to gain more upgrades and perks faster than other Rogues. In next rounds, Kestrel will have the upper hand.
- Gadgets- The Adrenaline Shot grants Kestrel a speed increase and starts her health regeneration, allowing her finish a fight while her enemies have lower speed and health. The Bounce Grenade has the same upgrades as the frag grenade along with a further bounce and different possibilites for attack and defense with the fuse being triggered after bouncing off of a surface.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Weapons- The Riptide has the worst handling. The Knight has the slowest fire rate.
- Abilities- Kestrel's drones only fly in one direction, making them hard to hit enemies with. If they do manage to hit an enemy, one drone that does hit will only do 60 damage, unlike Dima's MIRV Launcher. If they see them coming, enemies can easily dodge the drone barrage.
- Gadgets- The bounce grenade may be difficult to use. Note, that the bounce grenade timer starts after the first bounce.
Tips/Tricks[edit | edit source]
As/With Kestrel:[edit | edit source]
- Kestrel can create many different scenario's with her drones. She can play aggressively, defensively, forcefully, wildly, controllably, etc. Kestrel can change up her play style to throw off enemies. Deploying the drones in a predetermined position while being pushed or while pushing can create easily kills for enemies who rush through your drone barrage, run away through your drone barrage or stay in the fire of your drones. If any enemy pushes you while on low health aim your drone barrage where the enemy is likely to run through and use the adrenaline shot.
- Fully upgrading your arsenal and gaining useful perks quicker than the enemy will keep fights in your favor.
- With the bounce grenade, take advantage of it's longer bounce radius and the short fuse time. When calculated correctly, enemies have almost no time to escape.
- When playing as Dahlia, keep in mind that you will have to play more agressively in order to take advantage of Kestrel's passive. Eliminations and revives won't reward extra cash, you'll have to stick with your team on the battlefield and get downs in order to get more cash.
Against Kestrel:[edit | edit source]
- Don't stay behind the same spot of cover for a prolonged period of time. It's a good idea to acknowledge when you have an advantage in positioning too long, as that is likely when Kestrel's Halo Drones and bounce grenade become really useful.
- Tenacity becomes very useful against Kestrel because her drones do 60 damage per hit and tenacity allows you to take 39% less damage. That means that you will only take 23 damage.
- When playing as Chaac, (or Dahlia linked with Chaac), if you are downed (whether by her Halo Drones or not), remember to roll out of cover. This keeps you protected from her drone barrage finishing you off, which allows you to be revived or to self-revive.
- In most areas, Kestrel will need to properly aim her ability at an enemy. If playing as Phantom, Fixer, Trench, Talon or with a long-range weapon take advantage of her vulnerability while figuring out where to aim her Halo Drones.
Buffs/Nerfs/Adjustments/Changes[edit | edit source]
March 23 2021 Patch Notes:
- Riptide: Range reduced to 19m (Nerf)
March 26 2021 Patch Notes:
- Knight: Level 2 upgrade now also increases hipfire accuracy. (Buff)
- Replenish- Now triggers on Downs and Eliminations (Buff)
- Bounce Grenade:
- Base: Increased fuse time from 1s to 1.25s. (Nerf)
- Level 1: Now increases explosion radius. (Change)
- Level 2: Now increases damage to 125. (Change)