- "One of the first Rogues, Anvil is a career soldier who's tough as nails."
— In-game Description
Biography[edit | edit source]
Gameplay Description[edit | edit source]
Anvil is a Defender, a Rogue Company member that focuses on securing objective locations and slowing the enemy advance. Anvil has the ability to drop a barricade that can be used for cover or block flanking routes. He is immune to disorient and blind effects.
Anvil's job is to defend his team and objectives by limiting the enemy team's options. Anvil weapon choices shows that he wants to be at close or mid range, slowing the enemy from entering his team's territory. He is an extremely good defender for many situations and plays an important role on his team.
Loadout[edit | edit source]
Traits[edit | edit source]
Perks[edit | edit source]
Mastery Rewards[edit | edit source]
|Level||Reward Icon||Reward||Level||Reward Icon||Reward|
|1||Anvil Mastery Spray||6||/||/|
|2||Anvil Mastery Avatar||7||/||/|
|3||Anvil Mastery Emote||8||/||/|
|4||Anvil Mastery Banner||9||/||/|
|5||Anvil Mastery Border||10||"Indomitable" Title|
Outfits[edit | edit source]
|Source:||Store Rotation: 500|
|Release Date:||December 9, 2020|
|Source:||Store Rotation: 500|
|Release Date:||December 23, 2020|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Spawning in Ship
Eliminating an Enemy
Shot From Behind
Hacking the Objective
Picking up the Bomb
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Strengths and Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Weapons- Anvil is equipped with a shotgun and a light machine gun. The Arbitrator is the most damaging shotgun and can down an enemy with 1 shot to the head or 2 to the body (depending on the range). The MLX Maw has a fast fire rate and does 16 damage to the body and 24 to the head, meaning 5-7 shots will down an enemy. Its magazine can go from 60 to 90 if upgraded, making it larger than the largest magazine in the game, which is itself. Anvil's pistol is the Executioner, and it does 32 body damage. It is tied in second with the P12K for having the longest range.
- Abilities- Anvil's Barricade is very strong and will need a lot of damage to be done to it just to tear it down. It is good for blocking paths, covering objectives, or even to protect Anvil's teammates. While hiding behind it, Anvil can use his MLX Maw to shoot enemies who are further away or his Arbitrator for enemies that approach him. There are certain Rogues that use Gadgets that will not affect Anvil, which is very good for him.
- Gadgets- His C4 is excellent for making enemies rethink their route or area of cover choices. The first upgrade increase the throw distance and the second increases the damage. His APS (Active Protective System) can destroy gadgets that are within range of it. The APS is very good because gadgets will be less of a threat and protecting the objective will be easier for Anvil and his team.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Weapons- Anvil's Arbitrator mag size has only 2 bullets and does not have an upgrade that allows for additional bullets. This is because it is a double barrel shotgun. It also has a slow reload time, which makes it important that the gun is upgraded for a faster reload. The MLX Maw has the longest reload time in the game with the time of 4 seconds. It does not have an upgrade for a shorter reload time and Anvil does not have the Nimble Hands perk, meaning Anvil must be cautious in certain situations when reloading this weapon. The Executioner has the worst handling and the longest reload time of any other pistol. It has the second slowest fire rate, so its damage and range are the best thing about this weapon.
- Abilities- The Shredder Rounds perk can do extra damage to Anvil's Barricade. Anvil, Chaac, Dima, Lancer, Talon and Trench have this perk. Anvil can be damaged by explosives, fire or poison.
- Gadgets- Enemies can easily shoot and/or destroy the C4 and the Active Protective System.
Tips and Tricks[edit | edit source]
As/With Anvil[edit | edit source]
- When utilizing his Barricade, place it in narrow paths that the enemy use often. That way, they will have to find a different path to reach your team.
- You can place the APS near the Barricade to stop enemies from damaging it with gadgets.
- Placing your C4 in enemy paths is ideal. Restricting them from entering your team's area is vital.
- Though he will not be affected by disorient or blind effects, you still want to stay away from explosives and fire such as Dima's MIRV Launcher grenades, Ronin's Ballistic Knife, Incendiary grenades, etc.
Against Anvil[edit | edit source]
- If you see Anvil's Barricade, be sure that you have the Shredder Rounds perk equipped. You'll do more damage and will tear it down, sparing yourself extra time.
- The glass screen on the Barricade can be broken, allowing you to have various options to attack enemies behind the Barricade.
- You may not always see a C4 planted, but when you do, shoot it and remove it.
- Certain gadget effects will not work against Anvil. But explosives, fire and poison such as C4, Incendiary Grenades, or Vy's poison ability will affect him.